We have a vacancy for a career professional in the position of Hardware Engineer. We would like to talk to candidates with a MSc Eng. qualification with a minimum of two years appropriate experience. A BSc Eng graduate with longer relevant experience may also qualify.
Expertise should include at least all of the following:
• Digital/Embedded system design and development (3V and 5V)
• Microcontrollers/Microprocessors (preferably Atmel and Micrel)
• Programmable Logic; Atera CPLDs (Schematic and VHDL)
• Ethernet/Internet hardware and software (Standards and protocols)
• Low-level test and diagnostic software development (C and/or Assembler)
To succeed in this position, the following attributes are essential:
• Familiarity with PCAD 2002 PCB design tools (Schematic and PCB layout /routing.
• Experience with ARM9 microprocessors.
• Working knowledge of industry/international EMI/EMC safety standards.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing/production processes (PCBs and assemblies)
• Ethernet, Wireless & Telephony/GSM data communications.
• In-circuit test and programming technology. (IEEE1149.1 JTAG)
The incumbent’s duties will consist of:
• Creation of new designs for new product requirements.
• The improvement and modification of existing designs.
• Maintenance of the Design documentation database and publication
• Support for the Manufacturing/Production process.
• Troubleshooting of malfunction and failures, debugging and repair.
• Quality responsibilities in terms of company QMS programme.
• Publication of Manufacturing Data packs.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary with incentives. Applicants are invited to send their CV’s to email@example.com by not later than 11 September 2007. All applicants will receive a reply by 14 September 2007.