We have a vacancy for a career professional in the position of Accountant. We would like to talk to candidates with a minimum of three years experience in the preparation of financial statements to balance sheet for a commercial enterprise. This experience should be underpinned with a tertiary academic qualification such as B Comm with an accounts major, CIMA or B Acc.
The position calls for someone with a professional knowledge base that includes ability to assess the viability of capital investments and the employment of various risk management instruments. The ideal candidate will have the ability to cope with varied accounting tasks and will have had exposure to manufacturing; preferably in the electronics industry.
To succeed in this position, the following attributes are essential;
• Competence in the use of all aspects of Pastel, including inventory, manufacturing and reportwriter.
• Competence in the use of MS Office: Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Understanding of Foreign exchange transactions and currency risk management.
• Ability to assess credit risk and to grant credit.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members, suppliers and customers.
• Sufficient discipline to attend to good management practice.
• Ability to effectively control the working capital pipeline.
• Basic understanding of shipping and supply logistics.
• Punctuality and commitment to deadlines.
The incumbent’s duties will consist of ;
• Primary books of account; journal, cash book, debtors and creditors.
• Trial balance, balance sheet and income statements.
• Monthly and periodic reports and investigations.
• Current asset control including inventory and work-in-progress counts and valuation.
• Cash flow management.
• Product costings.
• Salaries on Pastel Payroll.
• Statutory returns and payments e.g. PAYE, VAT, Compensation Fund etc. The administration of SPII subsidies.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary. Applicants are invited to send their CV’s to email@example.com by not later than 10 July 200X. All applicants will receive a reply by 17 July 200X.